Friday, April 3, 2020

Is CNN's New York studio a hotspot?

CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin announced today that she has tested positive for Covid after a sudden onrush of flu-like symptoms.

Baldwin's CNN colleague, Chris Cuomo, tested positive for the virus earlier this week and experienced some similar symptoms, plus others that were worse than what Baldwin reports.

No word yet on whether CNN plans to conduct tests on its staff members who work in its New York studios.

Baldwin posted on Instagram that she is OK but that yesterday she had come down with “chills, aches, fever."

“I’ve been social distancing. Doing ALL the things we’re being told to do. Still — it got me.”

Baldwin anchors CNN Newsroom from 2 pm ET to 4 pm ET weekdays. Anderson Cooper anchored at the 2 pm hour today, with Jake Tapper following at 3 pm.

Baldwin wrote that she looked forward to being back on TV and “seeing you real soon.”

On Monday, Cuomo tweeted, "In these difficult times that seem to get more difficult and complicated by the day, I just found out that I am positive for coronavirus."

Yesterday Cuomo gave an update to CNN's Cooper and Dr. Sanjay Gupta, saying that he has suffered pain in the face, blurred vision and "wicked phantasmagorical" hallucinations.

“I have been exposed to people in recent days who have subsequently tested positive and I had fever, chills and shortness of breath. I just hope I didn’t give it to the kids and [wife] Cristina,” he added. “That would make me feel worse than the illness!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS of the WORLD launched

The Invisible Man is being folded into the new site, NEWS of the WORLD, which has begun operation. Though this Invisible Man site is ce...